I've not been in the blogging mood lately, and honestly, I'm still not really in the mood, but since the kids are in bed, Dave's working, there's nothing on TV, and the cold that I have is preventing me from doing anything productive, I thought I'd post a quick recap of the past couple of weeks...
Dave did a lot of traveling in November. He had a couple of multiple-day work trips as well as a fun trip out to Seattle for a friend's wedding (which I mentioned rather jealously in my last post), so I was on my own with the kids a lot. Let me tell you, I love these kids, but this single parenting thing is one tough job. Major props to all of you reading this who do it on their own.
Mason had a couple of additional ear infections. He had his first one the previous month and I guess he just never really got rid of it. Mason has never really been sick, and has never had any antibiotics, but after round three of this, Dr. Smoak gave us some antibiotic ear drops (which we preferred over oral ones) and it seemed to do the trick. I hope it doesn't come back, because as much as it's a pain for me, I know it's 10 times worse for poor Mason.
My parents came to visit for a few days and while they were here to watch the kids, I went to the dentist. I hate going to the dentist, and this time was no exception. I was told I have not one but TWO cavities that need to be taken care of sooner than later. I haven't had any cavities since I got my braces taken off back when I was a kid. Since I haven't really done anything different where my teeth are concerned, this is yet another thing I blame on having babies (along with my straightened hair, wider hips, and red "beauty" spots that have popped up all over).
And speaking of the dentist, I took Mason for his first visit. I was ready for a fight, but he did much better than I expected. And unlike his mother, he got a very good report on his teeth. He did get a comment about a misaligned bite and possible orthodontics down the road, but since he is my child, I'm not surprised.
We celebrated Thanksgiving at home for the second year in a row. Last year we were home due to the 1 month old baby we didn't want to travel with, so Dave's family came here. This year, we had no visitors since we're planning knocking out visits to both sets of parents in one shot over Christmas. So instead, we invited our very nice across-the-street neighbors over for dinner and had a great time. When you can't be with family for holidays, it's so nice to have friends with whom you can celebrate. Mason was in heaven since the family includes a baby. Mason has told me many times lately he wants to be a baby doctor when he grows up and he's all about "taking care" of little babies, singing to them, and playing with them. I have a hard time getting him to keep any kind of distance from babies.
Finely, for the past few days, I've been battling a cold. It started as just a runny nose just like the one Lauren had for several days last week, but now it's progressed to the watery eyes, sneezing, and cough that won't quit - especially at night. I never get enough sleep at night as it is, but this cough is throwing me over the edge. Mason woke me up at 3am last night when he wanted water after what I suspect was a bad dream. Since I moved out of bed, I was up coughing for the next hour. I finally settled down and felt like I could sleep when Lauren woke up at 4:30. I settled her down to sleep pretty quickly, but I was up again until about 5:15. I had just gotten to sleep when Lauren was back up at her usual 5:30 wake up call.
Maybe one of these days, I'll be back in the mood to do a better job of keeping up with this blog, and I might even throw in a picture or two. I suspect though it won't be until I get some sleep in, some of the piled up dishes done, or the sickness over with. I'm afraid to think how long that will be.
12 years ago
2 comments:
so sorry you aren't feeling well karen. drew is battling the same thing and keeping me up too! there's a medicine called tussinex and it's awesome. it's prescription only but it's a godsend. if you don't find some relief, maybe a trip to the minute clinic will score you some! good luck!
Prayers to you and your family that all will stay well and healthy through the rest of the Holiday Season.
And I hear what you mean by not being in the mood to blog. Just trying to get back into it myself.
Hugs to you!
Post a Comment