Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potty Like a Rockstar!

We're singing praises over here because it finally looks like Mason is becoming potty trained. For the last week he's been peeing on the potty and staying dry for most of the day. Poop, it seems, is another issue, but I'm happy with baby steps for now.

I'm not sure what clicked in his little head, but one evening last week as Mason was getting in the bath, he saw Daddy go potty and he wanted to go too. So Dave got him out of the tub, put him on the potty, and off he went! He's been getting better and better every day. He even stayed dry at school yesterday! He's not quite to the point where he asks me to go yet, but he goes willingly most of the time when I ask him.

I still have him in Pull-ups and haven't quite braved going to underwear yet, but that will be the next step. I'm waiting to see how he does for a few more days.

After MONTHS of working on this off and on, I'm so happy to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. My hope is that we get this done by his 3rd birthday (April 6). I'm not sure if that's realistic or not, but that's my goal.

1 comment: