Today is Day Two as a mommy of two handling everything on my own. I was a little stressed out yesterday despite everything going fine. I got Mason to school on time and picked him up on time. We all ate lunch and had naps. I even did two loads of laundry and made a couple side dishes to go with chicken Dave brought home for dinner. Today is going pretty well so far too. As I write, both kids are in their rooms fast asleep, and I've actually got a few minutes to myself. (I should be napping too, but I expect Lauren to be up any minute.)
What I'm most impressed with is how well Mason is going to sleep. He's been pretty good at bedtime for awhile, but I was really worried about naptime. I usually have to lie down in bed with him until he falls asleep. The whole process could take up to 45 minutes which is pretty much impossible now with a nursing baby. But he's been letting me go without a fuss after I lie down for just a couple minutes. I just have to say something about putting Lauren down to sleep and he pushes me out of bed and says, "Bye, mommy". I think it really helped that my mom put him down for naptime for a few days while she was here instead of me.
In fact, Mason is doing really well with Lauren in the picture. He wants to kiss her all the time and cover her up so she won't be cold. He laughs at all her little noises and always wants to watch when I change her diaper. I haven't seen much jealousy yet. He's a little too rough sometimes, but I think that's just due to being a 2 1/2 year old boy. He hasn't even been phased when I nurse her. I was expecting him to want to nurse too since we nursed for two years and only stopped about 6 months ago, but he's never asked. My plan was to make everything as normal as possible for him, and I guess so far we're doing pretty well.
12 years ago
3 comments:
It is amazing how resilient our first-borns are when the second one comes around? I was terrified that Sierra would feel pushed aside, but she jumped up and was our little helper. She was very understanding to Kira's needs. It is always a pleasant surprise! Sounds like things are going well.
Wonderful News.
I am so happy that the four of you are doing so well :)
Carainn
Thanks for the update about how things are going! I'm really interested in hearing about this because it helps me imagine how it may be like if we have a second baby. I'm glad that things are going well and that Mason is taking to his new sibling well. :-)
Post a Comment