Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Few Random Updates

Some of the latest happenings in the Roszak household...

Lauren has recently taken to sucking her thumb. I'm rather surprised since I didn't encourage it, and I've never been able to get her to take a pacifier. It's cute for now, but I'm not looking forward to having to stop it later if this is something she keeps up.

The other day, Mason started calling me 'Mama' instead of 'Mommy' all of a sudden. I don't mind, but it's rather funny how these things change. He also started calling Dave by his name instead of 'Daddy' not long ago.

I think Lauren has hit her three-month growth spurt because she's been waking up several times a night to eat lately. She went to sleep at 9:30 last night but was up at 1:45, 4:00, 5:00, and up for good at 6:15. It's not helping that I've had to lay off coffee because it seems to make her cranky. Therefore, I'm a bit sleep deprived. Yesterday, I went to the bakery to buy some bread and left it sitting on the counter. It's been about six months since I've gotten a good nights sleep.

This morning while we were watching inauguration coverage, Mason "called" up Dave at work on his toy phone and said: "I'm watching Obama and playing with Mama's eyebrows. Love you. Bye bye." He was right on both counts.

1 comment:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

I love it when kids call parents by their names!! Too funny. The other day Jacob was aparently trying to get my attention and finally went...HEY KATHRYN! I couldn't help but laugh!