Monday, January 26, 2009

I Survived the Three Month Growth Spurt

Lauren turned three months old on January 13. A few days later, she hit her three-month growth spurt and turned into an eating machine. We're talking nursing about every 1-2 hours around the clock. I was getting up with her about 5 times a night. To make matters worse, it coincided with a really busy period for Dave with work. He's been working really long hours lately, so I wasn't able to count on him for much help. To make matters worse, I've cut back on coffee because it seems to affect Lauren's tummy, so I couldn't even count on that to get me through the day.

Thankfully though, my little glutton girl seems to have slowed down a bit. She's sleeping much longer stretches again, and I'm starting to get a little sanity back. Even though she's waking up at 5:00am (or even 4:00 lately) I'm still feeling a little better now that I'm only getting up with her once a night.

Since it's been a little while since I've posted any pictures, here are a few of my favorites from the last three weeks.



In this last picture, taken on the day Lauren turned three months old, she's wearing a dress made by her Great, Great Aunt Chris, and First Cousin (twice removed) Elaine. It was smoked by her Grandmama (my mom). They all did such a wonderful job, I wanted everyone to see how nice it looks.

3 comments:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

What a beautiful dress! I am always jealous of those who can sew. Lauren is so adorable.

Jennifer B. said...

Love the photos. :-)

KellyW said...

The pictures are great! I remember those growth spurt days. UGH! Our babies are growing waaaay too fast!