Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Half Birthday

On April 13, Lauren had her half birthday. (Yes, 6 months already!) So last week, I took her for her 6-month checkup with Dr. Smoak. She's 75th-90th percentile for weight (17lbs, 15oz) and 25-50th percentile for height (25 1/4 inches). She's doing very well and has had a few milestones since my last update about her. She's standing up pretty well with assistance, she's working on getting up on hands and knees, she started eating solid foods, and she just got her first tooth this past week. With the exception for the heat rash on her neck that won't go away, and the waking up 2-3 times a night to eat or just because, I can't complain. She's one happy baby.

Here she is having her first solid food meal (oatmeal with breastmilk) she also had her first sip of water that day.

I'm still struggling with figuring out when and how many times to feed her, and how to get this new thing worked into our routine. Plus she doesn't seem to be taking to eating quite as easily as Mason did. I've tried oatmeal, rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and bananas all at different temperatures and consistencies, but she doesn't eat more than a a few small tastes at any time and spits out most of it. I know there's a learning curve, so I'm not sweating it yet. Cutting that tooth might be factoring into this as well.

Here's a random pic that's just too cute not to share. I'm so happy that Mason just loves his baby sister.

1 comment:

Therese said...

Great pictures! And isn't it funny how remembering how much to feed them is all forgotten even though you've already done it once with your oldest? Just keep up the feeding and I am sure she'll figure it out. My oldest had a difficult time mastering foods, but my second one didn't. Couldn't get it in fast enough. Good luck with that. And she looks like one Happy Baby. Happy 1/2 Birthday!