Friday, May 29, 2009

One Down, Fourteen to Go

Mason's last day of his first year of preschool was last week. It was funny to think back on how I cried after dropping him off for his first day, when I almost wanted to cry because it was his last day! He really liked school and learned a lot - mostly social skills which is exactly what we were hoping for. Selfishly, I will miss those two mornings a week. I had them to myself for the first few weeks. Then along came Lauren, and I was able to spend that time to just focus on her (or take a nap).

To commemorate the school year, his teachers came up with what I thought was a great idea: a personalized photo album with pictures of various events throughout the year. There are pictures of Mason at Halloween, Christmas, pancake and pajama day, Easter, and even his birthday. He also got a t-shirt with hand-painted bumblebees - one for each kid in the class labeled with their names - which says: We'll always 'bee' friends. Too cute.

Here's the first and last day pictures. You can tell a little bit about how much he's grown in 9 months...

Mason will be going back to the same preschool next year, but he'll move up to three days a week instead of just two. I suspect after a long summer break, I won't be crying when I drop him off on the first day.

1 comment:

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

you will, be crying that is, on the 1st day of school! Well, maybe not with Lauren at home? Love seeing the kids - they are sooo cute and growing so fast!