Monday, July 13, 2009

9 Months!

My little baby isn't such a little baby anymore. It was nine months ago today that Lauren came into the world. Every day with her gets a little easier and definitely more fun. I love that her personally is coming out more and more, and she's showing interest in particular things.

Today she's crawling like crazy all over the place - including up the stairs as of yesterday! (Time to break out the gate for the bottom of the staircase.) She's also pulling herself up very easily and can cruise around the furniture without falling down.

She's already showing some signs that she's going to be a much better eater than Mason ever was (and still is.) At this age, Mason still only ate a few baby foods, and absolutely nothing resembling regular food except for Puffs. Lauren seems to like everything I've given her and is starting to even refuse some baby food. The more adventurous things she's eaten lately include cherries, cheese, yogurt, pizza crust, banana slices, pancake, and sweet potato chunks. Plus of course her favorite: mommy's milk. We are still happily nursing several times a day. I'm glad she's showing no signs of stopping that any time soon.

All of that eating is definitely making her grow fast! We're not due to go to her next check up at the doctors office for another few weeks (we split her 9-month appointment into an 8 month and a 10 month just to split up the vaccinations) so I just weighed and measured her myself today: she's 19lbs and 27" long. She's outgrown almost all of her 9 month clothes and is into 12 month sizes. I've almost exhausted all of our lovely baby gifts, and I'm enjoying shopping for her myself for a change.

She's making several sounds now and has said her first word: Dada. (Although, she says Dada all the time, so I'm not certain she's actually assigned that to her actual DaDa.) But she's definitely looking at family members when their name is called, and she knows her own name. She can also recognize "Buzz" (Georgia Tech's mascot) thanks to PoohPa during their last visit. I also hear her say "ya ya" and "ba ba" (but probably not meaning you just yet, Baba) quite a bit.

She's also much improved in the sleep department. She's pretty regular in going to bed around 7:30 each night, up around 4:30 for a quick snack, and then back to sleep until around 6:30. Then she'll take two naps a day, each for 1-2 hours. Occasionally she's up another time during the night, but thankfully I can just go in to give her a quick snuggle, put her back down, and she goes back to sleep on her own without a fuss. Another nice thing is that she usually wakes up happy and just plays a bit in her crib before "calling" for me. Mason woke up crying every time until he was at least 2 years old.

Still only two teeth. I can see a couple more trying to come out, but it just ain't happening yet. I can tell that she's pretty uncomfortable with them sometimes. She often has a rash around her mouth from jamming any and everything in there. Including her entire fist.

Her favorite thing to do these days is pull every book off the shelf and proceed to eat them. She does like to read them with me too though. She's gotten very good at turning pages. Her favorite book is one of her big brother's former favorites called Baby Food. (Thanks Aunt Anna!)

She also likes to crawl around in Mason's living room pillow forts and play with her steering wheel driving game which plays music. She's mesmerized my any sort of music. She loves to watch the opening and closing credits of Mason's favorite TV shows. And her faces just lights up whenever she sees Mickey Mouse.

As Dave put it today, she looks like a mini-human now. My baby certainly is growing up fast. Here is her 9 month Pooh Picture. (My Facebook friends can go to my profile to see her Pooh Pictures from each month.)

No comments: