Thursday, July 9, 2009

Falling Behind

It seems like I'm falling behind on everything these days. None of it is really important, but I still feel like I'm treading water sometimes. For instance, it's been a long time since I've had a chance to update this blog. Even longer since I've had a chance to clean my bathroom. I'm definitely realizing how much easier it was to get things done when Mason was in preschool - even though it was only two mornings a week.

Since my last update, Dave spent a week in Germany for work. I was dreading the trip since I wasn't sure how I could handle two kids by myself for 7 straight days. However, my mom and dad came up for most of the week to visit and help out. It was definitely a big help to me. I was able to get the car inspected and visit the doctors office without having to take the kids. It was also an enormous help to have them come with us to have professional pictures made. (Which was something else I've been behind on... poor second kid has a lot less pictures than the first.)

Now I just need to find the time to go grocery shopping, update Lauren's baby calendar, get my haircut, buy Lauren some new clothes before she outgrows everything, organize closets, figure out what to do with all the outgrown baby toys and clothes, change my sheets, finally finish the ongoing porch re-screening project, stain the new kids' table, scan pictures, and clean the floors.

However it seems like my projects for today are taking a shower, feeding everyone a healthy meal, and dancing with the kids in the living room. If I can get all that done, it will be a pretty good day. Everything else can wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

KellyW said...

I challenge every person who wonders what we do all day to spend some time with us! Taking are of people who can't care for themselves is WORK! I know what you mean about falling behind and I only have 1 kid. Some days I wonder if I will ever have a clean floor or toilet. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Some days a shower, playing with Ryan, and keeping him fed are considered an accomplished day! You're not alone fellow Mommy :-)

Nic said...

I hear you! I get that "how am I going to get it all done" feeling regularly. I'd recommend the For Every Season consignment sale this fall for selling old baby stuff. I've made some great $$ there...each season I sell the clothes that are too small for Alex and buy "new" clothes fot Will. I also get the boys to hand over old toys to sell and then buy them some new ones in exchange.

Jennifer B. said...

Ummm Karen, why don't you ever dance around the family room when Tyler and I come over? I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. I can watch the three kids while you catch up on some things. If there is room in your budget maybe you can get a cleaning lady to take some of the work off of you? Love ya.