Well, I did it... I sent my first born off to his first day of school. (Play "First Day of School" by the Imagination Movers.)
Since Mason goes to the same school room during church on Sunday morning, I thought he'd run in there and not look back like he usually does, but he knew it was something different, so he was a little clingy at first. I showed him the colors on the wall and got him interested in his favorite truck, gave him a quick hug and a kiss and slipped out. I didn't hear him complain, so I guess he was fine.
I however was not. When I got back to the car, I just sat there for a minute thinking, "What do I do now?". I hadn't really thought about what I would do while he was at school. Sure, I figured I'd schedule my final prenatal appointments when he was in school, maybe I would do the grocery shopping, or go pick up a prescription, but what about today? I didn't need to do any of that. So I decided to go to Starbucks (something I rarely do) order a decaf coffee (something I never do) and just sit by myself and relax (something I can't remember doing since Mason was born). When I was on my way there, I started crying thinking about my baby growing up too fast. I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm not really the mushy type, so I'm going to blame that on the pregnancy hormones.
I go back to pick up Mason at noon today, and I think I'll treat us both to a Chick-fil-a lunch. We both deserve some french fries. Hopefully, he will love school.
4 comments:
I'm pretty sure come mid October you will find that you don't have much time to yourself anymore... I'm glad he did well!
Yeah, you should relish in your last days of alone time for a few years! :)
I hope Mason had a great first day.
I'm so proud of both of you! I know it's hard; I cried, too, on Peyton's 1st day last year - AND this year! But you'll soon enjoy your few hours to yourself and pretty soon Baby Girl will be your little companion! Hope he's enjoying it - Hugs to all!
I'm glad you treated yourself to some alone time and a drink at Starbucks. I'm sure it was hard to see your baby go off to preschool for the first time. I'm sorry you were sad.
Post a Comment