I bought Mason a little potty before he even turned two just so he could get used to the idea. I haven't really pushed him to use it, but he has peed on it several times starting back in April. Lately, he's been refusing to even go near it, even though I try to encourage him several times a day. But today, my little guy pooped on the potty! I've never been so proud of a poop in my life. I had a quick thought that I should take a picture of his work (like Kate from John & Kate + 8), but decided that was a little bit much. I figured that wasn't anything anyone but me would want to see anyway.
Now I just need to figure out how to make the clean up process a little more organized (if you have some tips, please feel free to share) and decide whether I should encourage this more vigorously right now just as the baby is due to arrive.
12 years ago
3 comments:
GOOD for you, Mason! That is a big deal. :-)Now, will you teach Tyler?
Way to go, Mason! Potty-training is a challenge when you have a newborn, but it's easier with a newborn than with a baby that is old enough to not like you leaving the room.
Are you looking for tips on how to clean the poo out of the potty? I used to put a flushable wipe on the bottom of the potty, that way the poo can't stick to the bottom. Geesh, it still makes me chuckle to talk about poop!
I agree, it's much easier to potty train with a newborn that sleeps most of the time than with an older baby that notices when you're preoccupied. I potty trained Emily when the twins were about 3 mos old--when I was no longer sleep-deprived but the babies were still immobile and sleeping a lot (they were preemies so 3 mos was still early for them). Good luck! And great job, Mason!!!
Post a Comment