It was just this morning at playgroup when the Moms were discussing our 2 1/2 -3 year old childrens' potty training status. Mason has peed on the potty several times, pooped once, but nothing recently. Usually when we try to get him to even sit on the potty, he says "No Potty!" and tries to get away. Sometimes he's willing to sit down, but nothing has come of it for awhile now.
So today, a little while after putting him to bed for his nap, I heard Mason saying "Change pullup!". I figured he must have pooped, but when I went up to check, there was nothing. I asked if he needed to go potty and he said "Okay." I hesitated because I wasn't sure if this was a ploy just to get out of taking a nap. (It's happened before.) But not wanting to discourage the use of the potty, I let him go.
At first, nothing happened. We went back and forth for awhile and after getting on an off a few times, he finally sat down and said "Go away, Mommy. Go see Lauren." I thought, we'll maybe if I just leave and let him sit for awhile by himself, he'll go. So I walked out in the hall so that he couldn't see me, but I could still see his reflection in the mirror. After about two minutes, he turned to look at me in the mirror and said "Hi Mommy, all done". And what do you know, the boy pooped! I believe it was the first time he's done something on the potty since I last blogged about back in September! We called Daddy at work to tell him the good news.
And of course Mason got a cookie.
12 years ago
3 comments:
YEAH!!! Way to go, Mason! I have walked many times to get upset with my oldest for calling me to her room while she should be napping, and then she surprises me by really having to go to the potty. And it is great when it happens in the middle of the night. You think it is a nightmare, but really is just potty time. It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?
Way to go Mason!!
Nice job, Mason. :-)
Post a Comment