Monday, March 16, 2009

Sick Boys

I guess there's always some sort of illness going around, but somehow we usually manage to avoid it. We've only taken Mason to the doctor three times in his life (once for a reaction to food, once for high fever, and once for a persistent cough) but we've never had to get any sort of prescription. He's never taken any medicine except an occasional dose of cough syrup (which I'm convinced doesn't work) or Motrin.

Not this time though. Poor Mason has been sick all weekend with a fever, runny nose, and an earache. Even though he slept much better last night and seems normal today (except for not having an appetite), I kept him home from school this morning. I guess if you've gotta be sick, he picked a pretty good weekend. With the weather as miserable as it was, we weren't going to be doing much outside of the house anyway.

Unfortunately, it looks like Dave's coming down with something now. He has a slight fever and a cough. I tried to keep him home from work today too, but he went in anyway. He said he would just close the door to his office. I told him to put a Keep Out sign on the door. I hate that he's so busy at work that he feels like he can't even take a sick day.

4 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Wow, that is great that Mason has been sick so few times in his life! I'm sorry he was sick this weekend. Hopefully Dave will feel better soon and will come home if he continues to feel poorly.

Therese said...

How both your guys feel better soon. Sounds like Mason has a possible ear infection. Congestion, ear ache, fever, and no appetite (painful to swallow if you have an ear ache) are signs. I hope both you and Lauren are able to stay free and clear of it all. Take care.

Amy J said...

How great that Mason has been such a healthy boy! I hope whatever has got him this time will pass through quickly... for Dave too. And I especially hope that you girls don't get it!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Poor Mason! Hope he is feeling better today.