It's been a helluva week. I wrote before that my boys were sick... well I guess they weren't content to keep it to themselves. A day after my last post, I picked up the germs. I'm pretty sure we all had the flu. I was exactly one day behind Dave so I was able to gage my progress based on how he was feeling. Let me tell you it's no fun taking care of two sick boys and a non-sleeping, nursing girl all while you're running a fever and generally feeling like $*#@. Thank God Lauren didn't get sick too. (One of the many benefits of breastfeeding!) Thankfully, by Saturday night were were all feeling much better.
Even though Lauren skipped out on the flu bug, she's still not 100% lately. I'm pretty sure her issues are all teething related. I've been waiting for those pesky bottom middle teeth to pop through, and I'll be singing praises when they finally do. My normally happy baby has been very irritable lately. The worst part is her sleeping has been much affected. She's been up a lot in the middle of the night. So therefore, Mommy's been up a lot in the middle of the night. The other night I just couldn't take it anymore so I left her lying in her bed just to go have a little breakdown. She's been a little better the last couple of nights though, so maybe those suckers are going to pop through the gums soon.
And things haven't been much easier with Mason either. After he started feeling better, he began to have some pooping on the potty aversions and is taking fewer and fewer naps. So I've been having to do extra laundry and cleanup and getting less downtime right as I was literally sick and tired.
Thankfully, it's Grandmamma and PoohPa to the rescue! My parents are coming for a visit tomorrow through Monday, so maybe I can actually get a nap in sometime this week.
12 years ago
2 comments:
THat does sound like a rough week! I hope things settle back down to normal. A break with your parents sounds like just what you need. I hope you'll take some time to rest.
Gosh, that is rough! Like Amy, I hope you get to rest. :-)
Post a Comment