Since living in Charlotte, I've never actually voted on Election Day. I've always gone during early voting. However, this year, I was a bit preoccupied with a newborn and a toddler, and I couldn't spare the 2+ hours to wait in line at the early voting place. So today I was able to line up a wonderful neighbor at the last minute to watch Mason while I took the baby with me to vote. I waited one hour while Lauren thankfully slept in her car seat carrier. (This is also the first time I've ever had to wait in any sort of line to vote.)
This election year has just been exhausting to watch. I really hope that by tomorrow the phone calls from various politicians telling me how to vote will come to an end. (I've even been getting phone calls from candidates running in Texas - where we lived four years ago!) I also actually look forward to some regular commercials on TV for a change. And I can't wait for all the ugly signs littering the roadsides to disappear. It seems like this election has been going on forever, and I look forward to it being over, regardless of who ends up winning.
12 years ago
1 comment:
Karen, I totally agree with you. That's crazy that people from Texas were calling you.
Post a Comment